CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nerves, Have Any I Could Borrow?

I know most of you by now have heard about my performance. I am sooo nervous. Almost all of you have heard of responded with the usual "You'll do great!" "Don't worry about it!" "Just have fun!" Is it really fun if I drop my partner and 1200 peeps stare at me, and THEN the coach afterwards will not be a happy camper. Plus, what about my partner on the floor? Are you guys so sure I will do great? How many of you have seen the routine to the song we are doing it? Blah, it is nice to hear, "You'll do great!" but what comfort does it give? Doing great is much more easily said then done. What is it with everyone and this "positivity" thing? It seems like everyone is positive all the time. That really isn't a problem, but that is as long as it doesn't blind the eyes. A blind man can't dance can he? It is great to be positive, but is it really so great when it blinds obvious truths? I haven't had near the same experience as everyone else has had on this. I worked hard don't get me wrong, but this is my first performance. Maybe not in this case, but it is something we should all watch for. Just remember, the blind man can't dance.

3 comments:

Panda Girl said...

Ha ha... well, at least I was TRYING to be postive, instead of the pessimist I am about things like that.

Okay, here's what I really think. I saw you guys practicing at the Regional Dance for a little bit; it looks like K. knows it really well, and you're a little shaky. Maybe just practice more or something. And another thing, just don't think about all the people watching you. Pretend it's just you and K. having fun, it usually works. :D

kiwi 23 said...

Cool cool. I understand what you're saying, even though I don't think I said anything about you doing your dance yet. Anywho, well, there's been a lot of things that I thought I would perform badly at and did tremendous, and on the other hand, things that I thought I would do well and completly choked on my words (figuratively). So I guess what I'm trying to say, is that you shouldn't really think that you are going to fail, because that won't do any good. Just focus on practicing, and keep your chin up. You just might surprise yourself.

Brain said...

Well, if you want you can expect to do bad, that way you don't need to be disappointed...but trust me when I say the song "Don't Worry, Be Happy" had it all right