CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Tomorrow Is Just Another Day For You To Lose

Well, that title isn't very fitting for me. On Saturday, my dance partner and I, had a Cha-Cha competition. We had to come up with our own routines and perform them infront of a huge crowd of kids. (This was a church dance thing) So of course my ballroom dance partner and I entered. We had no idea for what was coming up. They gave us four songs to pracitice to so we thought we got to pick one to compete on. WRONG! We had a routine about 3:15 long, well the song they chose was about 1:30...YIKES!!! We had to make up stuff on the fly. We had to talk to each other while dancing and keeping our feet in order to keep up. In the end we were able to hit some sort of finishing pose. All we could do is hope that half of our normal routine would impress them enough to win. We missed so much of our neat stuff I thought we were out for sure. Believe it or not, we still won. Crazy, huh? Honestly, as one of my friends put it, that was pro. It was awesome to dance infront of all those kids. My dance partner had the most awesome costume! It was all sparkley and completely awesome! It was the best costume by far. I had a silver silk tie! Pretty neat huh? Next month they are holding a Waltz competition! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Panda Girl said...

You guys did AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they cut the song short and stuff, and it confused us so we messed up :(
But at least it was fun!!! ha ha

Brain said...

You totally destroyed the competition! I'm pretty darn sure you'll do the same with the waltz.

Brownie Lover said...

Ya you guys did amazing stuff even with the time cut short! I liked your partner's costume too!