CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Choices

A man has 6 people including you at gun point. He tells you that of the six bullet chambers only 1 is loaded. You have a choice. You can have him shoot you or at one of the other captives. You alone get to make this choice. You have no idea if he lied about the bullets in the gun or not. You have no idea which if any are loaded. What would you do? Would you have him shoot at yourself? It could be blank. It could not. Would you have him shoot at another? What if then it wasn’t blank? Could you live with that on your conscious?

4 comments:

Sunshine2000 said...

I don't like making hard decisions. There are some ways that you can observe his body like his face to see if you can predict if the bullet is the chamber that is next and will be shot or not. or I'll sure there is a way to look at the gun and see where the bullet is. As I said I hate those questions.

Mary Lauren said...

That's a hard one. I'd like to think that I would be able to tell if the man was telling the truth or look at the gun and see where the bullet is, but I can't do that. I'd also like to think that I would be able to tell the man to shoot at me instead of another. I could never live with the guilt if my choice caused someone else's death. So, sitting here at my computer I can say that I would be brave and somehow save everyone with my choice, but I'm afraid that in the moment, I wouldn't be able to say anything at all.

Unknown said...

That is a hard question. I don't know what I would do. I agree with purple cow. I cant say what I would do at this moment because it is a hard decision. I couldn't live with the death of someone on my conscience.

Panda Girl said...

That IS a hard question, like all others before me have stated. However, I say that we're all going to die anyways, and instead of having to live with a huge weight on your conscience, and since you're gonna die anyways, just shoot to shoot yourself... but then again I don't know...
Why are you asking this?!? What would YOU do, Border Walker?